Looking For An Affordable Fitness Tracker With SmartWatch Features?
Look No Further!!
The Amazfit Bip is a SmartWatch Huami (backed by Xiaomi) launched at a highly compelling price. The Bip is essentially a fitness band that brings SmartWatch features at the price of good fitness tracker.
The price of the Amazfit Bip is not the only thing that will make you want to buy it. At this price, it comes with meaningful features like an inbuilt GPS, heart rate monitor, a sleep tracker, and a square screen that is better serviceable than most rectangular fitness trackers are accompanied by, a barometer, a waterproof design, and most importantly, customizable watch faces.
The Amazfit Bip has some great specs on paper and it surpringly lives up to its promises.
The Amazfit Bip comes in a simple box with not much to flaunt. The contents include:
- Huami Amazfit Bip SmartWatch
- USB Charging dock
Design and Build
The design of the Amazfit Bip is very likeable. It resembles Fitbit Versa and Apple Watch and is likely to attract many who desire to own these smartwatches.
The square dial is flanked by a metal knob-shaped button which works to activate the screen and also leads into the interface. The face is surrounded by polycarbonate which feels solid and is what the entire solid body made of. A Silicone band, that keeps the SmartWatch hooked to your wrist, feels very durable and is skin-friendly.
The Amazfit Bip is available in four different colors and the color of the band depends on the shade of the smartwatch. You can also choose to use standard watch straps because the band-holders come in standard size.
The Amazfit Bip has a 1.28-inch reflective (like basic calculators) color display which stays always-on. You won’t need to turn on the display just to see the time as this reflective surface makes readability a bliss. By reflective, it is meant – the stronger the light, the brighter the display. You can also flick your wrist to turn on the display shortly. However, that does not unlock the screen nor does simply touching it. The Push Button on the side can be used to unlock it.
Pressing the button also triggers the backlight. The touch display is fairly responsive and is even interactive under water – so you won’t require extra effort while you’re in the shower or keeping up your fitness streak even in rain.
It is easy to mistake the display for an AMOLED under natural or bright light.
The display is protected by 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3 with an anti-reflective coating. The coating does not necessarily make the glass non-reflective but it does minimize the effect of a strong light source from blinding your view. This also complements the display underneath which is as bright as the light it is under.
The reflective display not being perhaps one with more contrast such as an LCD or OLED, not only reduces the overall cost of the Amazfit Bip but also makes it look idyllic when not in use. You can also adjust the brightness across five steps from 0 to 100% as per your liking.
Decreasing the brightness decreases the whitening effect and also deceases the amount of color. The converse holds true.
The features of the Amazfit Bip counterbalance its lack of a stunning display. The smartwatch will not only be a good companion on the road to fitness and wellness, but will also help you cut down on your dependence smartphone by showing you notifications at your choice and even wake you up.
To start with, a heart-rate monitor and a pedometer (step counter) are adequate for the standard requirements for fitness tracking. Together, these two sensors take care of your general health. You can set to either track your heart rate at regular intervals – with the starting option being 1 minute – or to manual tracking. While the former will show a more comprehensive picture of your heart’s general health, the latter option will help you conserve the battery. Despite higher battery consumption, continuous tracking is recommended if you suffer from a chronic ailment such as diabetes or tachycardia.
But if you want to actively capture the stats related to your outdoor physical activity, the in-built GPS+GLONASS comes in handy. Along with the smartphone’s GPS signal, the Amazfit Bip can track your trail to a high level of accuracy. The Amazfit Bip has dedicated options to track walking, cycling, running outdoors or on a treadmill. Each mode shows you stats including the number of steps, distance traversed, average heart rate, the time taken, and other detailed information.
You can view the shape of your fitness route and even revisit details about activity in Activity History. This information can be seen in detail using the app.
The Amazfit Bip also helps you with directions, thanks to the inbuilt compass, and informs you about the altitude and the atmospheric pressure. It also serves as a stopwatch. You can also set a countdown of up to a maximum of 99 minutes and 59 seconds. Additionally, the watch will also tell you about the weather using the connected smartphone.
Lastly in the Bip’s menu, you get Settings where you can change the watch-face, adjust the brightness, turn off or factory rest your SmartWatch. You also get nifty elements such as the ability to find your connected smartphone and an option to customize the action of the Push Button.
The watch also shows you notifications from different apps and while you cannot interact with the notifications, you can dismiss each by swiping your finger towards the left and tap on Delete. Alternatively, you can swipe to the bottom on the notifications and tap on Clear.
Mi Fit App
Due to Huami’s association with Xioami, the Amazfit Bip is compatible with the Mi Fit app. You start by filling out details about your age, height, and weight which is presumably used to calculate your BMI.
The amount of detail you get in the Mi Fit app with the Status page gives you a fair idea about your activity for the day including number of steps, particulars about your sleep last night, your last recorded activity, heart rate, and your weight which it can get from a Mi weighing scale or through a manual entry.
The amount of data this app shares about the quality of your sleep is impressive. The sleep tracker keeps a tab on regions of light and deep sleep and the time that you were awake in the middle of the night. It also shares suggestions on how to make your sleep more comforting and rejuvinating.
The Activity tab allows you to initiate new activity, while tapping in the total distance takes you to a new page which displays comprehensive history of about all the activity. You can tap on any one and see your trail on the map and with more detail than the SmartWatch.
The Profile tab helps you with the battery percentage and the settings of your Amazfit Bip. Here, you can choose which alerts you receive on the watch – including calls, app notifications, and sedentary alerts – and set alarms for the SmartWatch separately from the clock app on the smartphone. You can also set a reminder so as to be reminded directly at your wrist.
The Mi Fit app also lets you sync data with other apps including Strava and Google Fit to be able to compete with and challenge the fitness goals of friends. Overall, you can learn a lot about your health using the Mi Fit app and even use it with multiple smart gadgets to maximize the quality of these results.
Using the app, you can also manually log your activities like brushing teeth, driving, bathing, climbing the stairs etc. to improve its precision.
The next most intriguing aspect of the Amazfit Bip is its battery. The SmartWatch is powered by a 190mAh battery which can last for up to 45 days. However, that is the case when you use the most minimal watchface, turn off automatic heart rate tracking, and barely use the GPS.
The battery on the Amazfit Bip takes around 2.5 hours to get fully charged.
The step-counter is accurate but since there’s no automatic activity tracking or smart algorithms, it also mistakes driving or riding a motorcycle as physical activity.
To be able to fetch accurate readings from the heart rate monitor, you must ensure that the watch is firm to your wrist with no slacking. This improves the correctness of the Amazfit Bip but it can also be uncomfortable at times.
The Amazfit Bip's GPS, the Compass, the altimeter and barometer are in good order of accuracy and so too are their response times, and is amazing enough for average users starting to take charge of their fitness.
The Amazfit Bip has a good amount of virtues which outweigh its vices. Any trade-offs you have to make to be able to own this super affordable and feature rich smartwatch?
- Durable and dependable build
- Skin-friendly wrist band
- IP68 certification for water resistance
- 3rd-party app support via Mi Fit
- Long-lasting battery
- Effective tips for improving sleep quality
- Easily readable display with always-on display anti-reflective coating
- Can be used with any watch strap
- Display washes out when lit
- Inconsistent support for notifications
- No smart algorithm to identify activities like driving
- Altimeter and other mysterious sensors eat time
- No way to turn the display off
Your Ideal Workout Partner
The Huami Amazfit Bip is reliable and won’t give you lazy excuses like your usual gym buddy. The Amazfit Bip is a compelling choice for anyone who’s looking to seriously attend their physical health. It is also helpful for anyone suffering from poor or declining mental health issues because ultimately, a healthy mind resides in a healthy body.
If you’re limited by a budget and looking for a fitness tracker band in this range, take a good look at the Amazfit Bip. It clearly outranks competition by bringing a large screen, which is not extravagant but is better than a monochrome panel, detailed outdoor tracking, GPS, and the quirk of changeable watch-faces.
- Record-breaking battery life: Up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications.
- Super light weight: Comfortable to wear every day, as well as for sports and sleep tracking.
- Notifications: Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the color touch display.
- Multisport tracking: Track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- Latest technology: GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer and compass.
- Always-on display: the reflective color touch screen is always on and provides at-a-glance view for time, date, steps, weather, sports stats etc.
- The Amazfit Bip smartwatch is the perfect daily companion to keep you informed and active. Daily step, calorie and distance tracking are a given and motivate you to get up more often.
- The reflective always-on display is easily readable in bright sunlight or indoors and shows all of your phone's app notifications like calendar alerts, text messages (you can read the full text), emails, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, WeChat, LinkedIn, Snap, Slack, you name it.
- From the color touch screen you can choose different pre-installed apps to access local weather forecasts, alarms, timer, compass, daily status overview including heart rate and the sports tracking options. Currently Amazfit Bip supports outdoor running, treadmill, cycling and walking with more sports modes and apps being added with subsequent software updates.
- Every sport tracking mode provides detailed stats and GPS maps to track time, speed, pace, stride length, heart rate zone, elevation, burned calories and more depending on the sport mode selected.
- When you regenerate the watch can provide detailed sleep tracking like duration, deep sleep and light sleep phases as well as awake times.
The Amazfit Bip is simply an all around great smartwatch!
- Always-on reflective 1.28 inch Reflective color touch display
- 2.5D Corning gorilla glass generation 3 + AF coating
- Optical heart rate sensor for heart rate zones
- Geomagnetic sensor (compass)
- Air pressure sensor (barometer) for elevation
- GPS + GLONASS for route tracking
- 20 mm standard width changeable watch band
- IP68 rating - resistant to dust, rain and splashing
- 3.7V / 190mAh Polymer Lithium Battery
- 1.1 ounces (31 grams) total weight
- Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
Frequently Asked Questions
Which app should I use with Amazfit Bip?
In order to pair your watch, sync your data and adjust your settings please use the "Mi Fit" mobile app, available for Apple iOS and Google Android.
Can we get other sports modes and features?
Yes, they constantly listen to the community's feedback and incorporate it into their software development road-map to launch new features. If you have any suggestions, please let them know through email@example.com.
How do I switch between Metric and Imperial unit measurements?
Open the Mi Fit app, click on "Settings > Units" and change it to whatever you prefer.
Where do I adjust the watch weather settings?
In order to set your local weather forecast, please open the Mi Fit app, click on "Amazfit Bip" to access all watch settings and scroll down to "Weather settings", enter your city of choice and choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 4.0
IP rating: IP68
|Alert type: Vibration
Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder
Health tracker: Heart rate monitor, Pedometer, Sedentary reminder, Sleep monitor
Messaging: Message reminder
Other Function: Alarm, Barometer, GPS
|Screen: Corning Gorilla Glass Screen
Screen resolution: 176 x 176 Pixels
Screen size: 1.28 inch
Operating mode: Button Press
|Battery Capacity: 190mAh
Charging Time: About 2.5 hours
Standby time: 45 days
Type of battery: Polymer lithium battery
Dial and Band
|Band material: Silicone
Case material: Polycarbonate
Shape of the dial: Rectangle
|Compatability: Android 4.4 / iOS 8.0 and above systems
Compatible OS: Android, IOS
Weight and Size
|Package size (L x W x H): 15.00 x 15.00 x 15.00 cm (5.91 x 5.91 x 5.91 inches)
Package weight: 0.1830 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 24.00 x 2.50 x 1.30 cm (9.45 x 0.98 x 0.51 inches)
Product weight: 0.0320 kg
|1 x Smart Watch, 1 x Charging Cable, 1 x English User Manual|
- Delivery And Returns
- Why Buy From Us
Our goal is to offer you the best shipping options, no matter where you live. Every day, we deliver to hundreds of customers across the world, ensuring that we provide the very highest levels of responsiveness to you at all times.
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two:
- Processing time: This is where order verification, tailoring, quality checks and packaging takes place. All orders are sent to the manufacturer for dispatch within 24 hours after order approval. The manufacturer and the logistics firm process the orders, which takes 2–5 days.
- Shipping time: This refers to the time it takes for items to be shipped from our warehouse to the destination. Our insured Door-to-Door shipment service also enables tracking the location of the package(s) at any given time. After processing and leaving the warehouse, items usually take between 7 and 14 business days to arrive at their destination in North America, Europe, parts of Asia, Middle East, Australia and New zealand, but can take longer from time to time. Delivery to other Countries such as Brazil, Mexico and Saudi Arabia usually takes about 15–30 business days.
Occasionally, a parcel may be late due to reasons that are beyond our control e.g. weather conditions, strikes, busy times such as holiday seasons, customs, etc. Delivery times are not guaranteed but are a benchmark according to the delivery providers, therefore SizzleDeep will not be held liable for any loss caused, due to the late delivery.
Orders placed after 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, on the weekend, or a holiday will be processed on the next working day.
|Please allow 10 working days for your order to arrive. We source products from all over the world to bring you poetic offers at the lowest prices. This means sometimes you might have to wait a little longer to get your order, but it will always be worth it!|
|Returns are easy, simply register the return via the Refund Policy page and send your item to our returns centre for fast processing. We'll get you a replacement or refund in the shortest time possible!|
Here are 6 Great Reasons To Buy From Us: